Sunday, December 4, 2011

Getting Your Content Created

This is something people seem to struggle with for some reason. I'm not going to be talking about how to write content here, I will however be talking about how to get it created. Here are two tips I will give you straight away. When hiring a writer, BE SPECIFIC. Tell them exactly what you want covered in your article.

The best way to do that is to give them an example article on that keyword/topic that you found insightful and ask them to use that as their research base.

Getting Your Content CreatedWhen you find a good writer, stick with them and treat them well. If you are rude or demanding with your writers, you will find it very hard to get a good outcome and you will throw your hands up in the air and say it's too hard and there are no good writers.

That's utter rubbish.

Yes, there are dodgy writers out there, and yes you might even encounter a few along the way with this process, but you can minimize your risks by being smart and that's what I'm going to be talking about here.

A good way to minimize risk is to not give 1 writer all your work. Break it up. Giveone writer 5 articles, another writer another 5 and so on until they prove themselves to be reliable and trustworthy.

Never bet more then you are willing to lose in one sitting. That's my rule. If you find a writer who is polite and who is honestly trying to do their best for you, but they've made a few mistakes or it's not quite what you want, ask them to revise the article and give them examples of what you mean.

Don't just tell them it's rubbish. Always ask before you hire an article writer if they will do revisions (within reason) if you are not happy. If they don't, don't hire them. I've found my best writers are those who I've worked with for a long period of time. Every now and then you find a great writer straight out of the box, but often I just need to guide them for the first few articles.

Always check for original work of course by using Copyscape. If a writer gives you work that does not pass Copyscape, never use them again. I will be talking more about this in the on page PDF that comes with this WSO, but what I want to talk about now is the length of my content. Since about March, this year (2011), all my content sites have been created with 1000 word articles. I no longer use 400 to 500 word articles or any other length for that matter.

Why?

Because 1000 word articles convert better, they rank better, they rank faster and they stay ranked longer without needing too much backlinking. My 400 to 500 word article sites cannot even compete with my sites with 1000 word articles.

Yes it costs me more initially, but the end result is more profits and less time and money spent on backlinking. These articles and sites also hit #1 in Google more often.

In all the testing I've done, this is probably been the biggest benefit to me. I've seen my profits increase 5 fold, and that's conservative. I spend around $10 to $20 on 1000 word articles. A fully blown mini authority site's content will cost me around $200, but you don't have to have all the content created

at once. You can build your sites over time and in some ways that's beneficial. The best place to find article writers I've found is in the Warrior For Hire section at

the WarriorForum. You will find a lot of great writers there and it helps to be able to see comments from previous buyers.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment